This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by Al Dafrah TV (“Al Dafrah TV”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
If you have general questions about your account, questions about this Privacy Statement, our use of your personal information, cookies, similar technologies, or how to contact customer service for assistance, please visit our online website and find the methods of contact below.
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us:We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address, payment method(s), and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide ratings, account settings or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically:We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. This information includes:
- your activity on the Al Dafrah TV service, such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from other sources:We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain demographic, interest based and online advertising related data;
- publicly-available sources such as open government databases.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies and TV shows we think will be of interest to you, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- to coordinate with Partners on making the Al Dafrah TV service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the Al Dafrah TV service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Al Dafrah TV, details about new features and content available on Al Dafrah TV, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, and online messaging channels.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The Al Dafrah TV family of companies:We share your information among the Al Dafrah TV family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers:We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Partners:You may have a relationship with one or more of our Partners, in which case we may share certain information with them in order to coordinate with them on providing the Al Dafrah TV service to members and providing information about the availability of the Al Dafrah TV service. For example, depending on what Partner services you use, we may share information:
- in order to facilitate Partner collection of payment for the Al Dafrah TV premium membership service for distribution to us;
- with Partners who operate voice assistant platforms that allow you to interact with our service using voice commands;
- so that content and features available in the Al Dafrah TV service can be suggested to you in the Partner’s user interface.
- Promotional offers:We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers:In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
Access to Account and Profiles
For ease of access to your account, you can use the “Remember me on this device” function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the Al Dafrah TV service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when your browser revisits the service.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your watch history, ratings, and account information (including your email address or other information).
Interest-Based Ads. Interest-based ads are online ads that are tailored to your likely interests based on your use of various apps and websites across the Internet. If you are using a browser, then cookies and web beacons can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device that includes a resettable device identifier, then that identifier can be used to help determine your likely interests.
Matched Identifier Communications. Some third-party sites and apps allow us to reach our users with online promotions about our titles and services by sending a privacy protective identifier to the third party. A privacy protective identifier means we convert the original information (such as an email address or phone number) into a value to keep the original information from being revealed. The third party compares the privacy protective identifier to identifiers in its database and there will be a match only if you have used the same identifier (such as an email address) with Al Dafrah TV and the third party. If there is a match, Al Dafrah TV can then choose whether or not to send a given promotional communication to you on that third-party site or app.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “Account” portion of our website or mobile application, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your Al Dafrah TV premium payment information, and various related information about your account. You must be signed in to access the “Account” section. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us through means provided on the Al Dafrah TV website. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honour your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Al Dafrah TV premium membership service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Al Dafrah TV service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the Al Dafrah TV service.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies?Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
- What are resettable device identifiers?
Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
- Performance and functionality cookies:These cookies are not essential, but may help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with Al Dafrah TV. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We may also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Al Dafrah TV service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers:These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- How Would Al Dafrah TV use Web Beacons and other Technologies?
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understand interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third party sites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
We may use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins. Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.